71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    74 °
    76 °
    79 °
    81 °
    84 °
    85 °
    86 °
    86 °
    84 °
    82 °
    79 °
    77 °
    76 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    69 °
    69 °
May 3
87°/ 70°
Patchy rain nearby
May 4
81°/ 68°
Patchy rain nearby
May 5
83°/ 69°
Patchy rain nearby

Vandegrift Prepares For Must-Wins, LT And CP Clean Shop – District 25-4A Week 7 Recap

Week 7 brought us another week closer to playoffs and is marks the beginning of playoff slot selection. On Friday, October 14th Cedar Park secured their slot with a win over Marble Falls. The next slots are expected to be earned in Week 8 by Lake Travis and Dripping Springs, leaving the rest of District 25-4A to fight for the 4th slot up to Week 10.

The Vandegrift Vipers had a bye for Week 7 and spent the week regrouping from previous losses and preparing for the three must-wins that lay ahead. To earn their first ever slot in district playoffs, the Vipers must win the upcoming games against Vista Ridge, Rouse, and Marble Falls.

Traveling to Dripping Springs, the Rouse Raiders hoped to hold their ground in district play against the Dripping Springs Tigers. The Raiders did just that in the first half, going into the locker room tied 10-10 with a touchdown, extra point, and field goal for Rouse and Dripping Springs. Unable to hold their own against the bigger Tiger offense, the Rouse defense started to crumple as Dripping Springs scored twice in the third quarter and again in the fourth. With their offense shut down as well, the Raiders went home with a 10-31 district loss against the Tigers. In order to remain in the running for playoffs, the Raiders must beat Lake Travis, defending 4A-Division I state champion, in Week 8. Dripping Springs, now 3-1 in district play, has some leg room with losses and need just one more win, perhaps against Marble Falls next week, to secure their playoff slot.

The Cedar Park Timberwolves hosted the Marble Falls Mustangs in what was expected to be another win for the T’Wolves. With a score of 52-0 in favor of Cedar Park, the Mustangs went home with an offense in awe of the Timberwolf defense. The shut-out gave the Timberwolves the first playoff slot and will most likely secure them first place in district with such a high scoring game. Undefeated except for a pre-season game against Westwood, the only expected bump in the road for Cedar Park is when they host Lake Travis at Gupton Stadium in Week 10. The Mustangs still hold a chance in district with a record of 1-2, but still have Vandegrift, Lake Travis and Dripping Springs in their way.

Boasting an undefeated season record and in hopes of maintaining said record, the Lake Travis Cavaliers hosted the Vista Ridge Rangers for what should’ve been an easy win for the Cavs. Down 31-0 going into the second half, senior quarterback Blake Estes managed to lead the Rangers to a fourth quarter touchdown and two more touchdowns in the 4th. Although losing the game 51-20, the Rangers were able to tie Lake Travis 20-20 for the 2nd half. The Cavalier offense, led by junior quarterback Baker Mayfield, ended with 289 yards passing and 375 yards rushing, but once again showed their lack of endurance into the second half.

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

District 25-4A Playoff Projections:

1st – Lake Travis

2nd – Cedar Park

3rd – Dripping Springs

4th – Vandegrift