81 °
    78 °
    76 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    70 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    76 °
    79 °
    82 °
    85 °
    87 °
    88 °
    89 °
    90 °
    89 °
    88 °
    84 °
    81 °
May 18
92°/ 67°
Sunny
May 19
90°/ 69°
Sunny
May 20
91°/ 71°
Overcast

The troubles of Hogwarts

Many people of my generation know the beloved books and movies of Harry Potter. How he was whisked away into a new world full of magic and excitement. Most of the action goes on in or in close proximity to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. With as many powerful witches and wizards, you would think it would be a safe and magical place. Magical yes, safe… not so much. Harry and his friends were always running into trouble inside the school, but was it really their fault?

Throughout his adventures he learns the game of quidditch, similar to soccer on broom sticks. A fun game, unless you get hit by other players, the balls themselves, beings lurking around the castle, or maybe even lightning.

There are also dangerous landmarks around the castle grounds, such as the Whomping Willow that moves on its own, using its branches like arms to grab, smack and toss you around.

Outside of the Hogwarts grounds is Hagrid’s house, where the very nice half giant and friend to the students lives. Behind his house is the Forbidden Forest filled with man-eating spiders and angry centaurs- a nice place to build a school next to. It’s also next to a “charming” loch, known as The Black Lake, that is host to dangerous merpeople, grundylows and a giant squid.

Fans of this book series want the stories and adventures of Harry Potter to be real and to experience the magic and wonder of his world. But if you could receive an invitation letter, would you really want to risk attending Hogwarts and all its glory?