Track and Field District Championships

Wilson Chestney, Staff Writer

The district track championships were held Wednesday and Thursday at Monroe Stadium. The men’s varsity came in third, and the women’s varsity came in second. We had many runners, vaulters and jumpers qualify to move on to area.

For the boys, senior Jake Nowak qualified in the 400m dash and high jump, junior Travis Brannan qualified in the long and triple jump, sophomores Tucker Mathis and Luke LeBlanc qualified in pole vault, sophomore Wilson Chestney qualified in the 300m hurdles, senior Byron Parmely qualified in Triple Jump and sophomore Ricardo Jowers qualified in the 3200m run. The 4x400m relay team of Christian Reyes, Paxton Segina, Chris Wilson and Jake Nowak will advance to area along with the 4x100m relay team of Christian Reyes, Travis Brannan, Byron Parmely and Jake Nowak.

For girls, freshman Adeline Carter qualified for area in the 200m and the 400m, sophomore Emi McCollum qualified in the 400m dash, freshman Savanna Ullmann qualified in pole vault along with junior Tabitha Joines, sisters Fabiola and Patricia Nintcheu both qualified in the shot put and discus, senior Nikki Keys qualified in the 800m, and sophomore Natalie Goddard qualified in the 3200m. The 4x400m relay team consisting of Adeline Carter, Taylor Grikis, Emi McCollum and Nikki Keys also qualified.

Area championships will occur on April 23rd at Dripping Springs high school, starting at 8:00 AM.