74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    71 °
    70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    69 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    79 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
85°/ 67°
May 1
81°/ 69°
Moderate rain
May 2
79°/ 70°
Moderate rain

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

Newsflash: This week it is really, really cold outside. Today, residents all over Austin and many other United States cities woke up freezing their butts off.

“I like the cold, but right now I think it is too cold,” Mrs. Fisher, math teacher said. “I do like to break out my cozy sweaters.”

Recently, the news has been flooded with constant weather reports about the record breaking snow storms up north, but this week it is Texas’ turn for the media coverage. Today it is snowing in Dallas, in Houston it is cold and rainy and in San Antonio the temperature is in the 30’s and 40’s. Texas has turned chilly.

“I do not like the cold, I’m from Florida so I am used to it being warm.” Sophomore Mario Moreiro said.

For the next five days Austin, Texas will see some of the lowest temperatures since the winter snow day last year. Weather.com reports lows in the teens for the next two days and highs in the 30’s for the rest of the week, as well as slim chances of snow on Thursday and Friday. Although we all hope that this means we will have no school, the chances of our dreams coming true are slim.

“I love the cold; I hope there is no school so I can go sledding on the golf course with my pool toys.” Junior Madeline Castleman said.

Even though winter is in full force, soon spring and eventually summer are on the way. March 20th begins the first day of spring, though seasons are a mere title considering our March snow day last year. But the real date students look forward to is June 6th, the last day of school.

“Cold weather is awful; I think we just need some summer already.” Junior Greta Peterson said.