Sophomore Makes a Movie

Baron Pulitzer

Thomas Anawalt poses for the camera while filming Tales of a Junktown Ranger.

Zoe Dowley, Feature Editor

Based off of the videogame Fallout, sophomore Baron Pulitzer came up with an idea to make his own movie on YouTube that is an introduction to a new series that he will be working on called Tales of a Junktown Ranger.

The series is about a ranger who grew up in Junktown and left to start a new path of life starting from the ground up. Fallout takes place in an apocalyptic world full of different organizations and militaristic groups. The New California Republic is a democratic federation in Fallout that is in a time of need and creates a mission to contact the Junktown Ranger for him to help.

“I’ve always loved the videogame Fallout, and was excited to be able to put this movie together,” Pulitzer said.

The movie includes a cast from the University of Southern California acting program including Thomas Anawalt, who plays the merchant and general officer, and Tarah Pollock, who plays the customer and Colonel Moore. Pulitzer met the cast through his sister who  is a part of the program.

“It was great getting to work with a cast from the USC acting program. They were real and authentic, which brought a lot to the characters that they played,” Pulitzer said.

Pulitzer first started to put the costumes and weapons together in December of 2013 and finished all of the props in May. In June, Pulitzer and his cast went out to film in the Mojave Desert in southern California, which is also where the game takes place. It took seven months for his team to shoot the scenes, and edit the whole movie and upload it onto YouTube. Pulitzer will be creating more Tales of a Junktown Ranger movies when he is able to get enough Internet traffic for his series.

“I am excited to see where the series goes and I hope to make more Tales of a Junktown Ranger films soon,” Pulitzer said.