58 °
    62 °
    65 °
    68 °
    70 °
    71 °
    71 °
    71 °
    70 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    67 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    64 °
    64 °
    64 °
    64 °
    65 °
    65 °
    65 °
    66 °
April 23
75°/ 55°
Partly Cloudy
April 24
80°/ 62°
Patchy rain nearby
April 25
81°/ 66°
Patchy rain nearby

Christmas Sweaters:the good, the bad, the ugly

It’s the most wonderful time of the year- why waste it with tacky eyesores? Tacky Christmas sweaters is one tradition I have never understood and don’t think I ever will. Why, in a society where almost everyone cares about wearing the cutest or most fashionable clothing, would people go out of their way to look hideous? It all just seems a little ridiculous to me.

There are so many stylish things that one could wear every winter season, from really smart cardigans to warm winter shirts. Christmas is the time to look classy and stay warm. Wearing a sweater during the winter season is perfectly fine. There are lots of classy looking designs for sweaters and cardigans other than the tacky look. You don’t even have to wear a Christmas sweater this holiday season; you can always pull off a holiday look by wearing a shirt and tie with a pair of jeans or chinos or just by wearing a really nice dress.

Another thing about wasting your money on a tacky Christmas sweater is that they go out of season fast. Once the season has finished it is no longer acceptable to wear. If you are ever traveling anywhere cold outside of the Christmas season then you’ll start to wish that you had bought something warm that could have been warm all year round rather than for one season a year.

Tacky Christmas sweaters may be fun to and comfy to wear but they are an eyesore. The only way I can see people wearing such a thing is in a mocking way, to make fun of the very things they are wearing and essentially every character in old Christmas movies. I don’t understand why you would want to waste your money on something as ridiculous as a tack sweater when you could get something much more modern and stylish.

So this Christmas season, I am asking- no, begging you- not to wear a tacky Christmas sweater. Trust me, I’m doing you a favor.