72 °
    72 °
    70 °
    68 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    64 °
    64 °
    63 °
    63 °
    64 °
    64 °
    64 °
    64 °
    65 °
    66 °
    68 °
    70 °
    74 °
    77 °
    78 °
    78 °
    77 °
    76 °
75°/ 55°
Partly Cloudy
80°/ 63°
80°/ 68°

Vandegrift Voice Pinterest

First came MySpace, then Facebook, then Twitter and now, Pinterest. This website, however, is very different from other social networking sites. It is a place that serves the purpose of exchanging ideas, rather than friend requests. Instead of “creeping” on friends’ profiles, useres are able to share craft ideas, the latest fashion trends, food recipes, event planning ideas, hair and makeup tricks, and decorating ideas. Pinterest has been especially popular amongst the Lady Vipers, causing the amount of monograms, D.I.Y. projects, and baked goods at Vandy to increase.

“I like it because it’s cool how you can make your own boards and organize things on because I’m a really creative and organized person, so I like that aspect of it,” junior Malea McMurray said. “I also like it because you can change it up if you need to.”

Pinterest has transformed many amateur crafters into D.I.Y. extraordinaires, influencing its users to get organized and get artsy.

“It gives me really cool ideas of stuff to bake and random craft projects,” senior Mollie Bailey said.

Pinterest not only keeps its users online for hours for its plethora of ideas, pictures and quotes, but it is also causing many to explore crafts and activities never explored before.

“Pinterest really inspires me to try lots of new things,” senior Danielle Esteban said.

Danielle is not the only one trying new things this year, because like many of our own Vipers, the Voice is now Pinning. Vandegrift Pinterest lovers are now able to catch up with all of our stories with visuals and links about the hot topics that are going around campus, including news, arts and entertainment, lifestyles, opinions, and sports. Be sure to follow us at Vandegrift Voice on www.Pinterest.com for all of the latest pins, and happy Pinning.