52 °
    55 °
    59 °
    62 °
    66 °
    69 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    67 °
    65 °
    63 °
    62 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    57 °
March 28
74°/ 49°
Sunny
March 29
73°/ 55°
Sunny
March 30
81°/ 59°
Overcast

Fall Fashion Fads

As the weather drops from 105 degrees to 95 degrees in Texas, your shorts will begin to fold themselves back into the bottom drawer of your dresser while your jeggings scatter from the back of your closet. Reviews like Glamour and Vogue magazine say that this year’s fall style is formed from trends like black and white polka dots, chunky sweaters and floral prints. The featured shades for the season are rust, mustard, teal and beige. When using these colors you may look to combine them with a cute pair of oxfords, a cape coat, gold bangles or something as simple as a white rhinestone encrusted watch. Some trends from last fall are still fresh, so many people aren’t afraid to extend them until their seen as unfashionable. These include ideas like skinny jeans, metallics, ray bans and sequins. While many like to look chic and don’t mind if their relaxed or not, others make sure they put comfort first and stay warm. “I always make sure to buy a lot of jeans and sweatshirts so I can stay comfortable,” Tatum Joines, sophomore, said. If you’re tired of wearing the same pair of shorts twice in one week, you’re not alone. Many shoppers in Austin can’t wait for the cold weather to hit and predict because of the consistency of the heat, that perhaps the winter will have an everlasting cold front. When the chilly climates start you might wonder where your Uggs are… but stop looking; this year it’s all about the leather riding boots and studded western booties. As many shoppers know, when reading magazines or skimming through articles, this year’s trends might seem expensive and unaffordable, but in addition to the costly boutiques, you can find trendy, budget-friendly stores like Forever 21 and H&M that will contain the must-needs for this fall. It’s okay to have high expectations for fall fashion fads, but it is important to make sure that what you wear is something that will lighten up your mood and express the real you. “During fall I make sure to wear boot cut jeans with a cute top and accessories, like necklaces and bracelets, because I like to show off the real me,” Nelishah Dhukka, junior, said.