56 °
    58 °
    60 °
    63 °
    66 °
    69 °
    70 °
    72 °
    73 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    68 °
    67 °
    65 °
    64 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    61 °
    61 °
    60 °
    60 °
    60 °
    60 °
March 29
73°/ 56°
Sunny
March 30
79°/ 60°
Overcast
March 31
79°/ 63°
Cloudy

Jusin Bieber Sings Under The Misletoe

With only two months left until Christmas, Justin Bieber already has fans getting in the holiday spirit with his new single, “Mistletoe.” The single is part of his upcoming Christmas album, “Under the Mistletoe,” which Bieber has been promoting via Twitter since early September. “Mistletoe,” was released on iTunes on October 17, and took the #1 spot on iTunes the same day.  Fans who have heard the single are not surprised by its instant success.

“Justin Bieber dazzles is with a new comeback just in time for the holidays. This song is one of his best, so adorable,” junior Haley Wightman said.

The song is an instant classic, with the combination of Bieber’s catchy lyrics and the rhythm of jingle bells adding the hint of Christmas spirit. Although most traditional Christmas songs do not include repetition on the word “shawty”, Bieber is able to say it without losing the happy, holiday essence. The music video, despite being filmed in Tennessee on a hot September day, also captures the feel of Christmas, complete with swirls of artificial snow.

“It really just makes me excited for Christmas, and makes Justin Bieber even more amazing,” junior Emily Arterbury said.

As fans anxiously await the full album’s release, Bieber updates his Twitter daily about collaborations with Usher, Boyz II Men, and The Band Perry, which will be featured on the album. Mariah Carey has also agreed to work with Bieber on a duet of her classic “All I Want for Christmas Is You,” which Bieber told interviewers was an honor.

The album will be available on November 1st, packed with Christmas classics such as “Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town,” as well as original tracks similar to “Mistletoe.” In the spirit of holiday kindness, Bieber plans to donate a portion of the album sales to charities, including the Make-a-Wish Foundation and Pencils of Promise.