63 °
    64 °
    64 °
    64 °
    63 °
    63 °
    62 °
    62 °
    61 °
    61 °
    61 °
    60 °
    60 °
    60 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    58 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    55 °
    55 °
    54 °
    53 °
April 20
63°/ 54°
Moderate rain
April 21
60°/ 49°
Patchy rain nearby
April 22
70°/ 48°
Partly Cloudy

Vanguard 2012: Legacies Prepare For Spring Show

On Friday, April 20th, the Legacies will begin performances of Vanguard Spring Show 2012 at 7pm in the Performing Arts Center.  The show, entitled Bright Lights, Big City, will also be performed on Saturday at 1pm and 7pm. Tickets are $10 for the general public and $5 for students, and can be purchased from any Legacy and at the door.

“The funds from spring show are used to support team operations,” assistant director Mrs. Reich said.

The Legacies have been preparing for Vanguard all year with after school practices, performances, and in-class practices. They will perform their contest routines, squad dances, routine from the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, a duet by sophomore sergeants Delaney Bull and Wensley Guthrie and a solo by senior Ashlee Cloud. There will also be performances by the dance classes, Vision Dance Company, Legacy trainees, outside dance studios, Little Legacies, Four Points and Canyon Ridge Middle School, the Urban Arts Club, Viper Men and special guests Alyssa Muir and Cole Salazar.

For the Legacies, Vanguard marks the end of a great year by rewarding dancers with the opportunity to perform their best. In addition, the public is given an opportunity to see how hard the dance team has been working if they couldn’t make it to a previous competition or football game.

“We are so thankful for our fans who have supported us throughout the school year. It would mean the world to us if they would come see all we’ve accomplished with their help,” junior Legacy Nicole Quick said.

The Legacies decided on their theme after their trip to New York over Thanksgiving. According to Mrs. Reich, the opportunity to travel was wonderful, which is why Vanguard and even the Legacies squad names revolve around New York. Each year, the Legacies showcase dances that feature the sophomore, junior and senior classes, along with the incoming Legacies. The goal of the dance department was to incorporate all styles to show the depth of the dance program.

“The most important part of spring show is that we can show people what we have been working so hard on in the past couple of months. I think that spring show helps bring our team closer together and helps us to finish off the year stronger than we started,” junior Legacy Sarah Bristow said.