Internship Opportunities for Ready Set Teach

Jasmine Moreno, Lifestyles/Reviews/Entertainment Editor

Ready Set Teach has many opportunities similar to an internship and practice in the classroom. Many of the Ready Set Teach students travel to River Place Elementary, Four Points Middle School and the Steiner Ranch elementary and middle schools. This opportunity helps students to determine whether or not they are fit to become a teacher.

Ready Set Teach visits school sites every A day for two class periods. This gives them the work experience and feeling of what it’s like in a classroom environment.

“I’m in Ready Set Teach 2. I decided to go to Four Points middle school,” Dubose said. “It’s the middle school I went to seventh and eighth grade year, so it’s very exciting to be back and see what’s changed and stayed the same.”

Ready Set Teach didn’t start traveling to other schools until mid October, giving them the chance to prepare their lesson plans and teaching techniques. Once they are in the classroom environment they will expected to shadow their teachers and take note of things they like and don’t like about their teacher’s style of lesson planning and teaching.

“I’ve learned how hard it is to be a teacher, because a lot of students take teachers for granted, [by saying] they are getting payed to be here so it will be fine if I mess their lives up,” senior Daisy Fowler said. “A lot of students are rude when they really shouldn’t be, because teachers do a lot more than what most students think they do.”

Ready Set Teach students enjoy their time in the classrooms because they are able to interact and have the opportunity to be the teacher. Every opportunity they get in the classroom is  to help prep themselves for a real life classroom.

Having the opportunity to learn what you like and where you would like to go in the future is an opportunity worth taking. Many of us try to find the perfect career, but struggle to find the perfect fit. High school is a confusing place to be because we are all finding our groups and interests in life.

“It’s such an amazing experience, because my entire life I’ve considered teaching but now I have the chance to try it before I buy it,” Fowler said. “I fell in love the second I walked in the classroom, but it’s great I love it!”