Yummy food with a pretty view

Madison Smith, Staff Writer

With Austin containing numerous dining options, here is the inside guide to my favorite yummy meals that also contain a pretty view. Between burgers, barbeque, cafes and fancier dining options, there is sure to be a place for anyone to find a fun place to indulge on dinner.

When it comes to classic all american food like burgers and fries, Ski Shores is definitely number one on my list. Ski Shores is right smack on lake Austin. You can pull up by boat or by car and enjoy live music on the weekends or just the beautiful view of the lake. Between the overall relaxed and fun feeling of being on the lake and the to die for fries, Ski shores is a must.

Another place that is on the lake is The County Line. This barbecue joint has been around forever. They are famous for their delicious homemade bread and of course their large and juicy portions of meat. You also will often find kids out on the dock trying to feed or catch the turtles that swim by. The County line is the perfect place for a family get together with a southern feel.

Located in the Arboretum is the tuscan grille, Brio. It has a beautiful outdoor patio area that it quiet and pretty. They have one of my favorite dishes, the steak salad, but also offer anything from fish to pasta. It may be a little more high end then the last two but is still one of my favorite places to eat and enjoy the relaxing ambience of a covered outdoor patio.

Last is the highly acclaimed, yet not so widely known, Spider House Cafe. Located downtown near UT campus is a funky whole in the wall cafe. The outdoor area is a fun eclectic mix of tables, chairs, lights, and plants. They offer lots of organic and gluten free options for the healthier customer and also a wide mix of delicious drinks. If you are wanting to eat somewhere rather unconventional, Spider House is the place to be.

Enjoy this sneak peek into my expertise on outdoor dining.