Vandegrift students take talents to Youtube

Madison Smith, Staff Writer

With over 1 billion users each month, Youtube is a diverse website that allows many different  people to post and share their creative videos. At Vandegrift, many students have their very own and individualized Youtube channels that range from fashion tutorials to student filmed documentaries. Seniors Emily Adams and Jack Hanna join together in vocal and guitar duets and cover popular songs on their very own Youtube channel, Emily Adams.

Adams first began posting her own videos, for family and friends that couldn’t come to her performances. Now, she has posted several videos that include Hanna. What started as playing guitar and singing for fun has grown into something more.

“We aren’t trying to get famous or become Youtube sensations, we just want to have fun, play some good music, and show our friends and family videos of what we are passionate about,” Hanna said.

Adams also emphasizes how her and Hanna’s Youtube channel feature songs from the heart that people can relate to and feel passionate about.

“I think what makes my videos unique is the heart that goes into making them. Anyone can open their mouth and sing, but you really have to be really passionate about it to make it more than just a song,” Adams said.

Hanna and Adams have covered popular songs such a “Chandelier” by Sia and
“Crazy for You” by Adele.They have 46 Youtube subscribers and hundreds of views on their videos, but to them it is more about the little moments they have together and the love of playing and singing.

“My favorite part about posting videos is how it makes people feel when they watch it. I love that people can watch them and escape whatever is stressing them out for even a few minutes,” Adams said.

“Honestly I love just spending time and laughing with her, especially when we do a take and I mess up, because that happens a lot,” Hanna said.

Adams has been involved in choir and theater for the past eight years and now wants to go on and pursue a career in vocal performance and music education. Adam’s and Hanna’s duets are a way for them to express what they love doing and a glimpse into what Emily may want to pursue in the future.

“Anyone could be there playing, but in my opinion I find her voice to be what makes the songs we cover truly original,” Hanna said.