• No School May 27

• AP Exams May 6-17

• Follow us on Twitter, Instagram @vhsstudentmedia

A Yearly Tradition

Zoe Dowley, Staff Writer

Austin has many traditions during the Christmas season and one that captures many out of town guests’ attention, and my own, is the Trail of Lights. Located in Zilker Park, the Trail of Lights consists of a pathway featuring different scenes and lots of lights. The Trail of Lights incorporates many annual events, such as the 5k run and the holiday tree lighting ceremony, a variety of food trucks, lots of entertainment, and vendors that has helped the Trail of Lights become a fan favorite.

This is the first year I went and I loved how illuminated all of the lights were and the feeling it gave to everyone around me. Everybody had a smile on their face as they walked around and it truly brightened up the holiday spirit for all who went. It also included photo opportunities, crafts, and more that families participated in. It was wonderful to see the Austin community get involved during this event and have fun while doing so. The Trail of Lights has different displays with many favorite holiday characters that I found to be impressive and intriguing. It was an amazing experience that created an at home feeling that helped me enjoy it even more. I certainly hope to go back next year.

About the Writer
Zoe Dowley, Feature Editor
Zoe has been on the newspaper staff for three years and loves writing and informing the school of everything that is going on throughout the year. Zoe is a senior and plans to study Social Work in college to help people who need it the most. She will miss Vandegrift and writing for the newspaper when she heads off to college.