Vandegrift Goes Red

Ramie Ruble, Editor in Chief

Today, many students have worn red in support of former Vandegrift student, Danielle Salcedo, who was in a medically induced coma after an emergency surgery to try to fix a brain aneurysm.  She was put on life support Tuesday.  She was unresponsive last night and this morning, but is still under medical care.

“She was sweet. She always found beauty in everything and was always happy,” sophomore Hannah Parrott said.

Danielle was a student who was involved in multiple organizations her freshmen year at VHS.  She was a member of AVID, Key Club, and Bible study and she loved photography.  She moved to Lake Travis over the summer.

“She was really sweet and caring. She was a Godly person. She followed the Lord. She was very friendly and loving,” sophomore Zoe Dowley said.

Based on her prognosis, a memorial has been tentatively scheduled  for her on Wednesday, September 18, at 3 pm at Austin Christian Fellowship.

“The biggest thing I remember is her smile. She was always positive and always had a smile on her face,” counselor Amy Rodriguez said.

Update: Danielle passed away Monday night.  A memorial fund has been set up to help her family offset the cost of hospital bills and transporting Danielle to her final resting place in California.  The link to the online fund can be found on the school website or you can donate at any Wells Fargo under the name Danielle Salcedo Memorial fund.