• No School May 27

• AP Exams May 6-17

• Follow us on Twitter, Instagram @vhsstudentmedia

Dos and don’ts of getting through that last week of the six weeks

Jennifer Walker, Editor in Chief

Here we are again. As the last week of the first six weeks comes to a close, assignments are graded, tests are turned in and students across Leander ISD are stressed. Only a few days are left of the last week of this six weeks. Here’s how to get through these last few days of the grading period.

1. DO use your time wisely.

You know when you’re done with an assignment in class and you’re sitting around looking at your phone? Use that time to study for that test you have tomorrow. Every minute adds up.

2. DON’T stay up late.

Seriously, you hear this in every tip article. Everyone needs sleep, and teenagers need 8-10  hours of sleep according to the National Sleep Foundation. Do I have to keep reminding you?

3. DON’T think the week is never going to end.

Trust me- it’s not going to help you to feel miserable. You’ve already made it this far through the week. It’s only a few more days. Just think of how happy you’ll feel once you get to the weekend!

4. DO use Quizlet.

Aka the best study tool ever made. Quizlet houses millions of flashcard sets created by other students and teachers, but the best feature is being able to create your own. You can make a free account here.

5. DO hang out with friends on Friday.

You earned it!

About the Writer
Jennifer Walker, Editor-in-Chief
Jennifer Walker is a senior and this is her third year on the newspaper staff. Jennifer took Journalism during her freshman year and fell in love with the journalism department. When she is not in newspaper, Jennifer can be found in the broadcast studio or working on a piece for AP 2D Design. She will study Communication Design in the Honors College at the University of North Texas next year.