• Student Holiday March 15

• Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @vhsstudentmedia

• Spring Break March 15-22

Girls Basketball vs. Hendrickson

Peyton Klam, Staff Reporter

Friday night the Girls Varsity team faced off against Hendrickson at home in the second week of district play. They fought hard but ultimately lost by a score of 47 to 38.

“I think playing such a competitive and aggressive team early was good practice,” senior Myrah Sheriff said. “It lets us know our strengths and weakness’ for future games.”

The lady vipers prepared all week for this district match in multiple different ways.

“We prepared by working on our man and zone defense in practice,” senior Jen Moore said. “We also watched a lot of film to see what their tendencies were.”

Hendrickson is a top ranked team and the vipers did not go down without a fight.

“The main focuses of the game was to play amazing defense,” sophomore Kaya Pehrson said. “And to make good sharp passes to limit turnovers and to slow down the game.”

The vipers will face off against the Lady Rangers at Vista Ridge High School on Tuesday, Dec. 11.

To prepare for our next matchup we will continue to work hard in practice and focus on the little things,” senior Autumn Howell said. “We will watch film and perfect our offense and defense.”

About the Writer
Peyton Klam, Staff Reporter

Peyton Klam is a senior and this is his third year as a staff reporter. He enjoys reading and binge watching tv shows. He also plays baseball for Vandegrift.