Week 14 fantasy football tips

Week 14 fantasy football tips

Carson Field, Sports Editor

Players to start this week:

QB Jameis Winston (Tampa Bay Buccaneers)

Jameis Winston has not suffered from the sophomore slump this year, and he will once again be great this week. The Bucs face the Saints, who are the worst pass defense in the NFL. Winston will torch the New Orleans secondary and find Mike Evans for multiple touchdowns.

RB LeSean McCoy (Buffalo Bills)

LeSean McCoy has been great this year, running for 949 yards and nine touchdowns. He will once again be solid this week when the Bills play against the Steelers. The Steelers have a decent run defense, but their pass defense is much stronger. Quarterback Tyrod Taylor will struggle early, leading to plenty of carries and yards for McCoy.

RB Matt Forte (New York Jets)

Matt Forte has been up and down for the Jets this year, but this is the week to play him. Forte and the Jets travel to the Bay Area to play the 49ers, who have an atrocious run defense. The San Francisco defense allows 169.3 yards per game, which is the worst in the league. Forte will find the endzone at least once and run for plenty of yards.

WR Taylor Gabriel (Atlanta Falcons)

The past few weeks, Taylor Gabriel has been on a tear, accumulating 12 or more points in four of the past five games. Gabriel will be impressive once again this week when the Falcons take on the Rams. The Rams have a solid pass defense, but Gabriel will likely get plenty of targets because Julio Jones is questionable with a toe injury.  There is a good chance Gabriel is available in your league, and picking him up could help you this week in the playoffs.

Falcons’ Defense

The Falcons’ defense is not known for being stout, but it will be this week when they face the weak Rams’ offense. The Rams average 284 yards per game, which is the worst in the league. If you need a defense, pick up Atlanta’s unit. It is owned in less than 20 percent of leagues, so there is a good chance it is available in yours.

Players to sit this week:

QB Dak Prescott (Dallas Cowboys)

Dak Prescott has been phenomenal in his rookie year, but will have a rough game in week 14. The Cowboys play the Giants, who have succeeded in stopping quarterbacks in the past few games. The Cowboys will lean on Ezekiel Elliott and the rushing attack if they want to get past the Giants.

RB Jay Ajayi (Miami Dolphins)

Jay Ajayi had a great start to his sophomore season, but has fell back to Earth in the last few weeks, failing to reach 10 points in three of his last four games. He will struggle again this week when the Dolphins face the Cardinals. The Cardinals’ defense has been one of the few bright spots for the team’s underachieving season. Arizona’s stout defense will stop Ajayi from a big game.

RB Jonathan Stewart (Carolina Panthers)

With the exception of a few games, Jonathan Stewart has struggled on the ground this year, and his struggles will lead him into another rough game in week 14. The Panthers play against the Chargers, who have a strong run defense. Stewart will fail to find the end zone in a game that will be dominated by the air attack.

WR Stefon Diggs (Minnesota Vikings)

Stefon Diggs has been inconsistent this year, and he will once again struggle to produce this week against the Jaguars. The Jaguars’ secondary is much improved from last year, and is fourth in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game. It will be a bad week for the Bradford-Diggs combination, and the running game will get the most action for the fading Vikings’ offense.