Boys play first game of soccer season against Cedar Creek tonight

Kevin Erm, Staff Writer

Tonight JV and varsity boys soccer teams will have their first game of the season against Cedar Creek at home starting with JV at 5:00 p.m. and Varsity at 6:30 p.m.

“We train as much on mental preparation as we do technical skill preparation,” head coach Chad Aldrich said. “In order to endure the toughest district in the state.”

Last time VHS went against Cedar Creek in soccer the game tied 1-1, this year the result will hopefully be different.

“Cedar Creek is a good team, but I compare everybody to how the Vipers play,” Aldrich said. “With that being said, the expectation is a good match but the end result is a victory for us.”

All teams have been practicing since early December, and players have been prepping themselves up personally too.

“We have a whole new defense this year and we’re getting used to that,” senior J.T. Lackey said. “And getting used to returning players at new positions.”

Before games, players usually try to calm themselves down and try to inspire each other to do well.

“Before games I make sure my body is in decent condition, and make sure injuries from past games are taken care of,” junior Jackson Harris said. “I just try to make everyone laugh and smile.”

Ticket prices are $2 for students and $4 for adults and will be located at the VHS football field.

“It’s just our team chemistry we all have the same goals and with that said we enjoy every moment we have,” Aldrich said. “Without our team chemistry from the player to the coaches to the family’s, there would be no team morale.”