Student vs. Faculty Softball Game

Zoe Dowley, Feature Editor

The third annual student vs. faculty softball game is tomorrow during PIT, which is at the end of the day due to the pep rally bell schedule that will be held. This game is a fundraiser for the softball program and is a way for the softball team to promote the program and make connections between the athletes and staff.

“If you’ve ever played softball or baseball, there is just something that just gets under your skin about the sport and ‘that something’ is different for everyone,” varsity coach Wendy Huber said.

This event is held in the spring time, after the softball season has ended because most sports are done with their seasons and there is a little more room for availability and allows the whole team to participate. During the softball season, the team is working to enhance their softball skills and development with some new members joining during the semester.

“I love this event because I love the camaraderie with my peers. I also love to watch the girls take leadership roles and run their team while having a fun time. It’s going to be a great game,” Huber said.

Students can buy a wristband from any softball player for five dollars any time before the game which lets them leave class early to go and watch the game.

I’m excited for the game tomorrow. I love playing with my team and I can’t imagine playing with anyone else,” varsity player Lexi Barr said.