Viper Golf Advances to Regionals

Viper Golf Advances to Regionals

Zoe Dowley, Feature Editor

Both the Black and Silver girls’ varsity golf teams will advance to regionals as they took first and second out of seven teams at the end of their district tournament. The regional tournament is set to take place on April 16-17 on The Buckhorn Golf Course located in Comfort, Tex.

“It’s the first time that both varsity teams have advanced to regionals so we are very proud of our performance at district,” varsity senior Meghan Rue said.

The girl’s district match was March 25-26 on the Falconhead golf course located in Bee Cave and both teams were qualified to advance with the Black team’s overall score as 676 and the Silver team’s overall score as 754.

“We have all improved and have been unified as the season has progressed which has really showed in our district scores. It’s always fun playing in tournaments with the girls,” Rue said.

Senior Emily Garbutt placed second with an overall score of 161 for the individual rounds with junior Erin Fahey placed third with a score of 166 and freshman Jordan Jalufka placed fourth with a score of 170.

“The whole team is excited to be going to regionals. We are grateful to be given this opportunity and can’t wait to experience it together,” Rue said.