76 °
    73 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    68 °
    66 °
    63 °
    61 °
    59 °
    59 °
    59 °
    61 °
    63 °
    66 °
    69 °
    71 °
    73 °
    74 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
April 18
91°/ 70°
Patchy rain nearby
April 19
75°/ 58°
Patchy rain nearby
April 20
69°/ 60°
Heavy rain

Cross Country is Ready for Regionals

The cross country team traveled to Old Settlers Park for their UIL district meet on October 25. The varsity girls were awarded third place and the boys fifth. The junior varsity boys came in third place and the girls fourth. The freshman girls were first place champions and the boys placed third.

“Getting to be the captain of the cross country team is an awesome experience,” team captain Caleb Stubbs said. “I respect all of them and they respect me.”

The cross country teams will compete for their regional meet in San Antonio on Saturday. The varsity girls, JV boys, freshman boys, and freshman girls will be advancing. Other teams such as Cedar Park, Vista Ridge, Dripping Springs, Leander, Rouse, and Marble Falls will be competing as well.

“It was a lot of fun,” sophomore Micah Ruble said. “It was really good to compete against the other teams in our district.

In order to prepare for meets like this the teams have early morning practices throughout the summer and school year. They run lots of repeats and make sure they peak at the right time. Individually, the athletes keep track of their own times and progress.

“My overall season was a success for me because my time improved from last year by a minute,” sophomore Simon Egerton said.