66 °
    69 °
    72 °
    73 °
    74 °
    74 °
    73 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    69 °
    67 °
    66 °
    65 °
    64 °
    63 °
    63 °
    63 °
    64 °
    64 °
    65 °
    65 °
    66 °
    67 °
    68 °
75°/ 55°
Partly Cloudy
80°/ 62°
81°/ 66°

May’s movie mashup

2013 has been a slow year for movies so far. There have been a few hit films released but that number is inconsistent every month. That being said, May brings us into the start of my favorite time of year for movies, summer. May gives us a glimpse of the awesomeness that is to come to the movie theaters during the summer, so here is your guide for what to see.

Iron Man 3 – May 3

I don’t need to convince you to see this, I know each of you that are even the smallest bit interested in movies will be seeing it opening weekend. Iron Man 3 picks up right where last summer’s blockbuster smash hit, The Avengers, left off. Tony now faces his greatest threat ever and any fans of the comic will surely love this film as Iron Man faces off against his greatest enemy yet, The Mandarin. Robert Downey Jr., Gwyneth Paltrow and Don Cheadle all return along with new cast members Guy Pearce and Ben Kingsley. If you decide to see this movie, be ready to stay after for the credits.

The Great Gatsby – May 10

A week after Iron Man 3 releases, we will be treated to another long awaited movie, the film adaption to F. Scott Fitzgerald’s classic and beloved novel: The Great Gatsby. The movie will be filled with emotion, romance, drama and deceit. Don’t miss Leonardo DiCaprio, Carey Mulligan, Joel Edgerton and Toby Maguire in this sure to be mesmerizing film.

Star Trek Into Darkness – May 17

Immediately following the release of The Great Gatsby is Star Trek Into Darkness. I loved the last Star Trek film directed by J.J. Abrams (future director of the new Star Wars films) and the twist that it had on the original plot line. Not much is known about the story, only that Captain Kirk and the crew of the Enterprise will face an unstoppable force of terror. This film is a must see and if it’s anything like the first, I suggest you go and see it in your nearest IMAX.

The Hangover Part III –

May 24

A week after Star Trek Into Darkness releases, you are given two options, and both look to be amazing. The first one is a film all of us are have heard rumors about, The Hangover Part III. Predicted to be the shocking end to the trilogy, the Hangover Part III takes place after the tragic passing of Allan (Zach Galifianakis)’s father. Following this, Phil, Stu and possibly Doug decide to take the Wolf Pack on a road trip. The movie, from the first trailer alone, looks to be full of laughs. Along with Galifianakis, stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms, Justin Bartha, fan favorite Ken Jeong as Mr. Chow and newcomer Melissa McCarthy (Bridesmaids) will be starring in this hit film.

Fast & Furious 6 – May 24

The second option that May 24 provides you with is all action. Fast & Furious 6 looks to be amazing. The movie takes place as Agent Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) enlists the aid of Dom (Vin Diesel) and team to help bring a rival gang, led by Owen Shaw(Luke Evans) , to justice. In exchange for clear records, they must put an end to their schemes, no matter how personal the cost. This film will answer the question left unanswered after Fast Five and will also connect the current films to Tokyo Drift. Sadly, Justin Lin has announced that this will be his last Fast & the Furious movie for the time being.

Also be sure to check out: The Iceman, Peoples, Epic, After Earth, Now You See Movie and The Kings of Summer are all also releasing this May.