70 °
    72 °
    73 °
    74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    68 °
    65 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    60 °
    63 °
    66 °
    68 °
    70 °
March 28
74°/ 49°
Sunny
March 29
73°/ 55°
Sunny
March 30
81°/ 59°
Overcast

How Is ‘The Office’ Doing Without The Best Regional Manager?

The Office is one of the most viewed comedies on TV, filmed in the style of a documentary in the Dunder Miflin paper supply office where everyday something goes wrong. The show used to star comedy genius Steve Carrell as the office’s regional manager, Michael Scott.

Carrell is what probably made the show great, as he is the one that provides most of the conflict throughout the show with some of his idiotic and questionable methods of running the workplace.

Sadly, near the end of season seven, Carrell left the series upsetting many of the viewers. After a two part season finale that had several guest stars trying to take Carrell’s place, including Will Arnett, Catherine Tate, Ricky Gervais, Jim Carrey, James Spader and Will Ferrrell. Out of all of the cast options that could have been made, the position of regional manager was given to Ed Helms’s character Andy Bernard and James Spader who came to the show as the company CEO replacing Cathy Bates.

It was a big surprise to many that Helm’s character got the job. The recent episodes have lost their great workplace vibe. The episode “The Dinner Party” demonstrates what the show is becoming. In this episode, most of the cast didn’t even get to talk; rather it dealt with Andy’s problems. Unfortunately it feels like the workplace comedy is now becoming The Andy show.

“Andy is really annoying; he doesn’t deserve a big role like this. I really don’t think he should be manager. I miss Steve Carrell,” sophomore Nancy Medina said.

The previous seasons with Carrell were hilarious and full of emotion. When you weren’t laughing at his witty jokes, you were crying at his final goodbyes. I do not believe that the show will ever be what it used to be.

“I definitely think Michael’s character is irreplaceable and that the show will not last much longer with Andy in charge of the office,” sophomore Katelyn Lea said.

I really hope that the show’s creators see this and change it. But I can’t argue that it hasn’t been funny. The opening intro to the show is still a work of genius and I have laughed during every single one so far especially the one about planking. The show has high expectations, what do you think about the new season? Answer in the poll bellow.

How Is 'The Office' Doing Without The Best Regional Manager?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.