• Christmas Break December 21-January 8

• Early Release December 20-21

• Midterms December 18-21

5 things to do this month in Austin

Jennifer Walker, Staff Reporter

It’s finally November, and that means that there will be a lot of events happening around the city. Here are 5 things to do this month in Austin.

Christmas at the Caswell House

Held by Austin Junior Forum, Christmas at the Caswell House is a fun way to get in the Christmas spirit, even if it’s a little early.  Shop, try some local snacks, and support Austin Junior Forum. Events are almost every day from now until Nov. 10, and it costs $5 for a general admission ticket.

Wurstfest

Wurstfest, or the “salute to sausage” is a festival held in New Braunfels to celebrate sausage. It starts today and goes through the 13th, and tickets cost $10.

Texas Book Festival

Texas Book Festival is this weekend, Nov. 5 and 6. If you love reading, check out this festival. You can attend book signings, eat food, and see the different tents at the festival.

Chuy’s Christmas Parade

Chuy’s Christmas Parade will be on Nov. 26 at 11 a.m and go through downtown. The parade benefits Operation Blue Santa by collecting toys for children.

Turkey Trot

Runners are sure to enjoy this event. The Thundercloud Subs Turkey Trot is a fun run event and will be held on Thanksgiving. The Turkey Trot has raised nearly $3 million dollars for Caritas of Austin, a charity that helps people who don’t have a home.

About the Writer
Jennifer Walker, Editor in Chief

Jennifer Walker is a senior and this is her third year on the newspaper staff. Jennifer took Journalism during her freshman year and fell in love with...