Five things to do this fall in Austin

Jennifer Walker, Editor-in-Chief

Fall has begun, and I’m very excited about it! It was hard to choose certain things to do, but I’ve put together five things that I think are really fun to do this fall in Austin.

Austin City Limits Music Festival

When thinking about Fall, ACL pops into mind. It seems like every student on campus goes, right? ACL happens over the course of two weekends. This year Austin City Limits is happening the weekends of September 30-October 2 and October 7-9, 2016. This year’s lineup includes artists like Willie Nelson, Melanie Martinez, and Mumford & Sons. The annual festival is a great way to listen to some good music and have fun. And while you’re there, you can take a picture at the famous ACL Fest frame.

Pumpkin Patches

It might be too hot to think about it now, but Halloween is right around the corner(Yay!). Pick up a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks and go to a pumpkin patch. My favorite pumpkin patch is at Bethany United Methodist Church on Anderson Mill Road. Pumpkins will be sold from October 3rd-October 31st.

House of Torment
Alright, I will probably never go to the House of Torment, but it still looks awesome. It definitely deserves to be on this list. If you want to be scared out of your mind, this is the place for you. The haunted house(or houses) starts tonight at 7:30 and will go on through November 12th. The price for tickets varies by night.

Old Pecan Street Festival

One word- free. The Old Pecan Street festival is an arts and crafts festival held downtown. It’s being held this weekend, September 24-25, 2016, on 6th street, and has free admission. Including food, music, and art, there’s so many things to see during the festival. Some of the vendors this year are Emoji’s Grilled Cheese, Mighty Cone, and Vics BBQ.

Football Games

Last but not least, we have football. Support our football teams and attend a game! Tickets cost a few dollars for students and most varsity games are on Friday nights. Junior Varsity and freshman games are usually on Thursdays. It’s going to cool down soon, so it’s the perfect time to go watch a game. The homecoming game is coming up on October 7th and preparations are already underway for the big night.