FFA to host Victory Lane Car Show

FFA cover photo for Victory Lane Car Show.

Madeline Smyser, Staff Reporter

This Saturday from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m., FFA is hosting the Victory Lane Car Show, a special event fundraiser for their organization. There will be live music (the band Clutch Kings is playing), food vendors and a display of cars in the main parking lot.

“It’s a car show for anybody and everybody who has an interest in cars to come,” FFA advisor Joe Lemmons said.

The event is primarily a fundraiser for FFA’s Alumni Association, which helps fund the organization. There is a $25 entry fee for cars, but admission is free.

“All the money goes to our Alumni Association and they award scholarships at the end of the year at our FFA banquet,” FFA advisor Magan Escamilla said. “Last year and the year before they were able to award $10,000 in scholarships. On top of that our Alumni Association is there to support us in our livestock show endeavors, they support us in the classroom, they buy me science equipment or they may buy the ag mechanics’ teacher equipment as well.”

Like any good car show, Victory Lane has categories that people can submit their cars into and possibly win awards.

“The categories include tuners, SUVs, and Jeep off-road. Our sponsors are also bringing some custom vehicles that they themselves have worked on. We also give out awards, judging happens at 1:00, and then we have the awards that are custom made for those car entries,” Escamilla said.

For FFA students, this event gives them a chance to be seen.
“Not a lot of people know we’re back here,” Escamilla said, “It’s fun to be out there in the main lot where everyone can see us. Our FFA students will be out there selling raffle tickets, selling water, promoting the program, talking about what they do here, and why they’re in the organization.”