Viper Bites replaces Viperpalooza

Viper Bites is the new Viperpalooza

taken from Vandegrift High School Website http://vhs/

Viper Bites is the new Viperpalooza

Emma-Rose Floyd, News Editor

In place of past event Viperpalooza, the PTSA will host a new kind of festival. Viper Bites, a night including the varsity spring football game, food and activities will be on May 26 from 6-9 p.m. at Monroe Stadium.
“If you would enjoy an evening of family, friends, food, community, an opportunity to support VHS and the thrill of watching our Varsity Vipers play this event is for you,” PTSA fundraising vice president Debe McKeand said.
The event is open to all members of the community, and is being sponsored by the VHS PTSA and the Viper Football Program. There will be 12 local businesses who will be in the concession stand area, including Mighty Fine, Chicken Express and The Pig Joint. The new theme will have an “Austin food court” vibe as opposed to the carnival theme of past years. Wristbands are $5, and ages 5 and under are free. The football game will start at 7:30.
“For the last 3 years, I’ve attended Viperpalooza and have had so much fun with my family,” senior Alayna Thomas said. “I’m excited to check out the new and improved Viper Bites, as it’s been a tradition for me.”
There will also be a silent auction, and spirit wear will be sold by the football, band and cheer booster clubs. The football team has been preparing by practicing 3 to 4 times a week, starting May 2 and ending with the spring game. Players will split into two equal groups to compete in the game.
“We have a lot of players on both sides of the ball coming back we are looking forward to seeing these guys grow and who will fill the holes of this year’s graduating Seniors,” Coach Judd Jackson said. “It is going to be nice to have the Viper Bites to make this a huge event and a great atmosphere for the spring game.”