Coach to become new assistant principal

Emma-Rose Floyd, News Editor

Recently teacher and coach Michael Heath was named assistant principal to replace James Larremore, who transferred to Glen High School. Heath will be starting to take over in the coming weeks.

“This new position will give me a different and new way to impact students,” Heath said. “I get to work with an entirely new aspect of education.”

Heath was called to a meeting with Principal Charlie Little, lead assistant principal Tiffany Phelps and administration assistant Phyllis Boddorf, where he was offered the job by Little. He is currently helping the AP’s with their jobs and will become a full-time assistant principal in the fall. He will be assigned a specific group of students to oversee next year.

“I now get to work with the other side of education, the administration side,” Heath said. “I am excited to help out.”

Coach Heath has taught and coached high school track and football for 19 years. He currently coaches football and wrestling and teaches biomedical science. He has earned a Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology at Texas A&M and Master’s in science at the University of Nebraska at Kearney. He also recently received a second Master’s in Educational Administration from LeTourneau University.

“Personally, I would like to meet and build relationships with more students than those in my classes,” Heath said. “Now that I have the opportunity to work with all kids, I get to help them reach their goals.”