Alumni give French 4 class advice about life after high school

Sophia Alaniz, Web Editor

The French 4 AP class had alumni from the French program come in last Thursday and give seniors and juniors advice about college. French teacher Kelly Simon has kept in touch with many of her students from past years and decided to utilize them for their advice on college for the current seniors. Simon expects graduating seniors to come in next year and do the same for her.

“It was exciting, especially since I know where I’m going to school next year,” French 4 student Trevor Edgerton said. “And one of the students is going to that university.”

Seven alumni came to the second period class and had an Q&A for 90 minutes about college and life in general after high school.

“We asked them about dorms, partying and classes,” French 4 AP student, Laura Figi said. “We also asked them if they missed their parents and surprisingly they all said no. Basically any question you can think of we asked them.”

Mrs. Simon keeps in touch with her students through the French Facebook page that she keeps open to them.

“I love my students, and when they graduate it is the hardest part for me as a teacher,” Mrs. Simon said. “So every year I have alumni come back and who come to talk to them about the transition. They [come] from public and private universities and it really helped my seniors.”