Community members to give opinions about the future of LISD at workshop

Zoe Dowley, Feature Editor

Parents, staff, and members of the community are invited to attend a growth management community workshop that Leander ISD is hosting at 6:30 p.m. on Nov. 17 at Vista Ridge High School.

During the past ten years, the Leander ISD population has doubled and has slowed to a more manageable rate right now but continues to grow every year due to the popular destination that Leander has.

“I am glad that anyone from the community is able to give their opinion about the future of LISD so that the school district can know what’s expected of them,” senior Sierra Bassett said.

With lower education funds, the school district is planning for a future that best fits the priorities of the community. Some new ideas that Leander ISD would like opinions on include rezoning to fit the growing capacity, adding portables to different campuses, longer bus routes, bonds for new schools and technology, and the ideas that anyone who comes might have.

“With the ideas from the community, it will be beneficial for LISD because they can improve themselves based on what people want,” Bassett said.

If anyone is unable to attend, they can take an online survey and watch a summary of the presentation that will be available on the LISD website.