Senior Parent Night

Maria Krychniak, Staff Writer

The counselors have teamed up and have created a senior parent meeting to provide information about senior year and college which will be held this coming Monday evening, at Vandegrift High School in the lecture hall.

“All parents are super encouraged to come because all the counselors will be providing lots of helpful information regarding senior year,” Spradling said “We just want to make sure parents and students are on the same page for this upcoming school year.”

Senior parent night is an informational meeting for all senior parents to answer any questions and to give the parents a chance to interact with the counselors. All the counselors will be in attendance to cover all senior related topics.

“Basically senior parent night is to just give parents a chance to ask any last minute questions, and to give them the gist of what senior year is going to be,” counselor Sarah Spradling said. “A lot of college info is going to be provided and what the steps parents and their kids should be taking during the college admission process.”

Crucial information, such as dates and deadlines, regarding senior year will also be covered during this informational meeting.

“COOL Week and its significance will be explained to the parents,” Spradling said. “Also important senior dates and deadlines such as senior portraits and cap and gown orders.”