58 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    58 °
    60 °
    63 °
    66 °
    69 °
    70 °
    72 °
    73 °
    73 °
    72 °
    70 °
    68 °
    67 °
    65 °
    64 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    61 °
March 29
73°/ 56°
Sunny
March 30
79°/ 60°
Overcast
March 31
79°/ 63°
Cloudy

A “First Class” Night to Remember

The first Junior-Senior Prom on Saturday, May 5 was deemed a success. This “first class” event was a night these Vipers will never forget.

“We are blessed as a school community to be able to have our prom at such a nice place like Austin Country Club,” assistant principal Mike Hasse said.

Hundreds of Vipers piled off sports cars, limos and party buses solo, with a date and even with a large group of friends.

“I went with friends; my date was my really good guy friend,” senior Gabby Arevalo said. “I didn’t have to stress out as much about prom because I went with someone I feel comfortable with.”

There seemed to be an unsaid contest between the girls on whose dress would sparkle the most. Many guys must have had an urge to show their Texas pride this night as they wore Texas flag bowties, vests and cummerbunds.

“Everyone looked so good in their dresses and tuxes,” junior Danielle Cooley said. “It was a night to remember for everyone.”

Students filled the dance floor to dance the night away to everything from dub step to country. Other students preferred to kick off their dancing shoes, get some punch and relax at a table with their friends.

“Whenever they played a song that we could actually dance to, it was fun,” senior Jenna Diven said.

At the strike of 10 PM, Principal Charlie Little announced the first ever Prom King and Queen. Seniors Grant Joseph and Madison Tierney took the crowns that night and shared the first slow dance together in the center of the dance floor. Other couples and friends followed suit, and began to sway to the music together.

“I am very proud of my man Grant Joseph [for] winning prom king,” senior Parker Brigance said. “I will cherish that memory forever when I remember high school.”