60 °
    64 °
    67 °
    70 °
    72 °
    73 °
    74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    68 °
    65 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    60 °
    63 °
March 28
74°/ 49°
Sunny
March 29
73°/ 55°
Sunny
March 30
81°/ 59°
Overcast

Legacies Hard Work Showcased In Nutcracker Performance

Wondering what to do on your Saturday night? Well, look no further. On Saturday December 10, the Legacies and Dancer’s Workshop will be presenting the Nutcracker. Cast members range in age from seven to eighteen. The show will be playing at 3:00pm and 6:00pm in the Vandegrift Auditorium. The performance at Vandegrift are two of only four performances, the others being at the Round Top Festival Institute.

The show is an hour and a half in length, but hours and hours of the dancer’s time are being put into the show. With the show less than a month away, the dancer’s are doing as much preparing as they can.

“We practice every Saturday for four hours. The teacher’s throw choreography at us and we practice over and over. Now we are already practicing in full costume and with the correct lighting,” freshman Hannah Smith said.

Legacies instructor and dance teacher Mrs. Lyons and the Dancer’s workshop instructors got together to produce one amazing show. There are members from the Legacies and dancers from other schools participating in the Nutcracker.

“It wasn’t hard to mix Legacies and Dancer’s Workshop together because both Mrs. Lyons and Dancer’s Workshop staff are very flexible with letting me be where I need to be,” sophomore Delaney Bull said.

You may purchase tickets from Dancer’s Workshop 11150 Research Blvd., Suite 205 Austin, Texas 78759. Cash and checks are accepted only. Child general admission tickets are $10, adult general admission is $15 and premium seating is $20. Tickets are on sale now, but you better purchase them quick because premium seating sales will be on a first come, first serve basis. You may also purchase tickets at the door, but only cash is accepted.

“People should go to the show because there’s a lot of hard work that has gone into making the show and putting it together,” sophomore Merritt McCall said.

For more information, please contact Dancer’s Workshop at 512-349-719 or at  https://www.dancersworkshopaustin.com/