73 °
    71 °
    71 °
    70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    70 °
    69 °
    70 °
    71 °
    72 °
    74 °
    77 °
    79 °
    79 °
    80 °
    80 °
    80 °
    78 °
    77 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
    72 °
85°/ 67°
May 1
81°/ 69°
Moderate rain
May 2
79°/ 70°
Moderate rain

Junior Class Rings Available For Order

As the junior class enters the spring semester, they inch closer and closer to their last and final year of high school. While the school year dwindles by, the Class of 2012 starts to face the reality that these are their final years of being a Viper. Classes get harder, college fears start to stir, SAT test taking anxieties begin, letterman jackets start to appear and the opportunity of purchasing a class ring is finally given. For these juniors, not only are they the first graduating class but with that, they become the first with class rings.

“I have wanted to get a class ring since I was in seventh grade when I first saw my dad’s. I also wanted to remember high school in a tangible way but I didn’t letter in anything so I couldn’t get a jacket. I think it’s cool that our class is the first ever to receive Vandegrift class rings,” junior Austin Aja said.

A Balfour representative visited Vandegrift on Friday, January 21 during PIT to discuss the options and opportunities of a class ring. The Class of 2012 learned of the many different metals, stones, engravings, and styles that were available to make their class ring personable and their own. Unlike college class rings, these rings can be customized just to your likings to make it represent you and your high school years.

“I believe it’s a waste of money and I want to wait to get my college class ring instead. I won’t want to wear my high school class ring in college anyway,” junior Sarah Brusseau said.

So whether the junior students decide to get purchase class rings or not, the reality of growing up and moving closer to graduating gets more real.

Students interested in  purchasing class rings can do so at www.balfour.com.