74 °
    72 °
    70 °
    68 °
    68 °
    67 °
    66 °
    66 °
    66 °
    66 °
    67 °
    70 °
    73 °
    76 °
    79 °
    82 °
    85 °
    87 °
    88 °
    88 °
    87 °
    84 °
    81 °
    79 °
    77 °
April 29
85°/ 66°
Sunny
April 30
89°/ 65°
Patchy rain nearby
May 1
83°/ 69°
Patchy rain nearby

Junior creates new club, Typers4lyfers

Illustration+by%3A+Audrey+Dale+
Illustration by: Audrey Dale

Many enjoy practicing typing, some may even sit through an hour and a half of class time devoted to improving their typing skills. Consequently, junior Michelle Kim has created a club committed to helping those with their typing while offering a social environment to enjoy with close friends. 

“We focus on learning typing skills and it’s also an opportunity to hangout with your friends,” Kim said.

Kim has expressed the difficulty of finding time to socialize with friends, hence why she created a club to not only teach something she’s passionate about, but also contribute to the need for community in high school. 

“A club would be better for typing skills because you can learn with your friends and it’s not a closed environment,” Kim said.  

Kim’s club has multiple well-thought aspects that make the club enjoyable. Reward systems and participation awards will be granted to keep all members involved and engaged in the club’s activities. Typing competitions are also included in Kim’s club to ensure all members are making improvements in their skills. 

“I’ll measure success by using a typing program and making sure everyone is improving,” said Kim, regarding the logistics of making sure her club is successful among her typing peers. 

Typers4lyfers also values the importance of helping those who may need extra typing assistance. Different lessons will be offered and additional help will be given, further enhancing Kim’s leadership skills and interaction among members. One struggle regarding the club is taking everyone’s hefty high school schedules into consideration.

“Sometimes it’s hard to manage the dates of when everyone is available,” Kim said.

However, even through some minor hardships, Michelle still managed to create a club with a clear intention, and aims to provide an environment where those with similar interests can come together to form bonds and socialize. 

“My communication skills have gotten better [as well as] my leadership skills,” said Kim, “I think I’ll get a good experience from it.” 

Managing and leading a club has certainly been of benefit to Kim and her club, Typer4lyfers, may be just the right fit for many looking for friends with similar aspirations and to improve on a useful skill.