C-Squared Club Spotlight

C-Squared Logo

C-Squared Logo

Blakely Dimiero, Staff Reporter

Finding a way to put kindness and positivity into everyone’s daily life is a task that many wish to achieve. C-Squared is one way students can get involved to complete that task.

“The meaning of the C-Squared club is to promote happiness and make everyone feel like they are welcome,” junior Amelia Milam said. “We want people to feel appreciated and spread positivity to others.”

C squared is an anti-bullying club that has been around for a few years and is becoming more popular at schools. The C-Squared club started with a conflict over Christian faith and sexuality.

“I was interested in leading a club that dealt with developing leaders and serving the school and was offered to head up C-Squared by the administration,” C Squared leader and teacher Matthew Roumelis said. “C-Squared is a really powerful way to find a positive community of people to hang out with and do projects with and is a really cool platform to serve the students and staff at VHS. I think we, as humans, have an obligation to accept, love, and serve others and C-Squared is a way for students to live out that important human dimension.”

Since C-Squared is a district wide club, meetings are held one time each month instead of every Friday.

“We have an Instagram and I am apart of the social media committee,” Milam said. “We all post on there and individually I tell my friends to sign up through the PIT portal.”

Each meeting, the club participates in activities. Whether it be speeches or group wide activities, each show what the club truly means.

“Recently we have handed out donuts and fun goodies to the bus drivers,” Milam said.
“We wanted to let them know they are appreciated and tell them thank you for their hard work and that their work doesn’t go unseen .”

Starting at the beginning of the year, C-Squared was introduced into every school in Leander ISD, including middle and elementary schools.

“I think that C-Squared can change the overall culture of Vandegrift,” junior Andrew Peña said. “Normalizing kindness is important because it’s not something that everyone is used to.”