Undergraduate Profile: Fale University
April 20, 2016
Fale University, founded in 622 CE, has always been devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in many disciplines who make a difference globally. The University, which is based in Mackinac Island, has an enrollment of over 20,000 degree candidates, including undergraduate, graduate, and professional students, with an acceptance rate of 3.14%. As the Regular Decision deadline for college applications is approaching, the admissions office at Fale University would like to extend our undergraduate academic profile as a resource for potential applicants**.
- All students are required to take either the SAT or the ACT with writing. For the SAT, the range is around 23902400. The ACT average is around 3637. SAT Subject tests are optional but highly recommended (by optional we mean required).
- Fale University is dedicated to making sure that our students excel in the classroom. To avoid being placed on academic probation, students are expected to maintain a 4.0 unweighted GPA.
- We like to see copious amounts of AP exams. However, we also require perfect scores on all of them. We realize that you have persevered in all of these college level classes, but due to the dearth of funds for our new marble monument, we are unable to offer you credit for them.
- Fale University’s application process is need blind. Even though standardized tests cost hundreds of dollars, and prep classes cost even more, we are certain that students of all socioeconomic backgrounds will meet our requirements.
- A good recommendation letter is key to a successful application. We recommend selecting someone who you have a special bond with, so be sure to maintain a good relationship with all of your teachers, counselors, principals, vice principals, librarians, janitors, and lunch ladies.
- Through the essay portion of your application, the college admission counselors hope to get to know you better. We love when students talk about their passion for continuum mechanics, the New York times, the War of Jenkin’s Ear, Norwegian architecture, paleoclimatology and Anne Boleyn.
- Here at Fale University, we take the motto of giving your 110% very seriously. You have 24 hours in a day? Tell us about how you spent all 25 of them volunteering.
- Are you a leader? (The answer should be YES. There is no such thing as an introvert.) Entrepreneurial spirit and leadership skills are essential to becoming a billionaire alumnus. This is also why we are proud to offer seats to any applying Bushes, Kennedys, and/or Rockefellers.
- We like our applicants to be wellrounded students. It’s important to make sure that your life isn’t consumed by academics; we want to see that you’re a normal kid, not a robot. Band, choir, volleyball, basketball, and football are all fantastic extracurriculars! Unless you’re on junior varsity. Then, we highly recommend you pursue another interest.
- To finish out your resume, you should have a main achievement. A crowning jewel, so to speak. Some popular ones include: creating a startup, founding a global charity, inventing a new element, propagating world peace, and finding a cure for cancer.
**Please note that although we have detailed a few of the considerations in the admissions process, all applications are graded holistically. In other words, we need to accommodate for student athletes and the children of billionaires.
We look forward to viewing your application! Fale University Undergraduate Admissions Office