• Thanksgiving Break November 19-23

Tips for upcoming testing weeks

Corsicana Daily Sun photo

Corsicana Daily Sun photo

Corsicana Daily Sun photo

Megan Messer and Elena Aventa

With all of the STAAR testing and AP Exams taking place at school over the next two weeks, it can be a stressful time for all students. Before exams approach, students should consider the following tips that help manage stress.

• Eat right – It is important to fuel your body and your brain with healthy foods. Think about fresh fruit and vegetables as well as high – protein foods for brain power. It’s also critical to eat a proper breakfast the day of an exam.
  • Sleep well – Getting into a healthy sleeping pattern is important prior to test-taking. A teenager needs roughly eight to ten hours of sleep every night. Something to consider is putting your phone away thirty minutes before you go to sleep, that way falling asleep will come faster and easier.
  • Exercise – physical activity is the fastest way to relieve stress. No, don’t try to cram in an intense 2-hour workout the night before a test, but a healthy amount of exercise is between two and four hours a week. Try to schedule some time to work out a couple times a week to de-stress.
  • Plan a study routine – With a study schedule or routine, you can become more productive and motivated each day you approach your study by understanding your learning progress.
  • Take a mental breather – Meditation is one of the most effective ways to take a break during stressful times. It is also a way to maintain focus while improving mental as well as physical health to reduce pre-exam stress.

As a student, it is important to consider some or all of these tips before testing. It’s important to do well and be prepared for exams, but it’s not healthy to stress yourself out consistently. Make sure to remember that relieving stress is crucial to staying physically, mentally, and emotionally healthy.

About the Writers
Megan Messer, Opinions Editor

Megan Messer is a senior and this is her second year on the newspaper staff. She love writing for the Voice and writing in general. Megan will be studying...

Elena Aventa, Staff Reporter

Elena Aventa is a junior and this is her first year on the newspaper staff. She is involved in ASL Honor Society, NHS, lacrosse, and her church group....