Graduation Gift Ideas

Kelly Rosenblatt, Editor in Chief

Grad party season is in full swing which means it’s time to get creative with gift giving ideas for all of your fellow graduates. Here are some ideas for the perfect grad gifts.

For boys and girls:
1. Eno: The eno is a portable hammock that you can use just about anywhere. It’s perfect for people on-the-go, whether you’re hiking, biking or just hanging out outside, the eno is a perfectly portable relaxation device that will be of great use to students in college. You can find Enos at all sorts of department and outdoor equipment stores such as REI, amazon.com, and Dick’s Sporting Goods. You can also order it directly form the Eno website: eaglesnestoutfittersinc.com.

2. Decorative Bookends: Bookends are great gifts for college students. With all of the books they will have, a nice pair of bookends are a great and useful gift for new college students. Stores like West Elm, Z Gallerie, Ikea, and many other places have cool bookends in all different styles that will add some personality and life to their dorm rooms in college. Goede and metallic sculpture bookends are a great option for both boys and girls. To find bookends online, check out Wayfair.com, qvc.com, and amazon.com.

3. Succulents: Succulents are all the rage this year and are a great gift for someone moving to a new place. Not calling for much maintenance, succulents are the perfect plants to spruce up a drab living space without requiring constant watering or attention. Succulents come in several cool planters including hanging geometric containers, clay pottery, and even repurposed toys. Eccentric succulents and planters can be found at an array of home decor stores and boutiques. such as Urban Outfitters, Luxe Apothetique, and West Elm.

For Girls:
1. Kendra Scott earrings: Kendra Scott earrings are a great gift for girls, especially girls out of state or girls that will be attending school out of state where Kendra Scott Jewelry isn’t as well-known. Kendra Scott earrings are a quick and easy way to add a pop of color to an outfit which is great for college girls who are busy enough with school and social events as it is. A pair of kendra Scott earrings, especially in someone’s university colors, is an incredibly useful  gift for a soon-to-be college girl. You can find Kendra Scott earrings and Jewelry at any of her Texas locations, at Nordstrom, or at kendrascott.com

2. Coordinates bracelet: These personalized  bracelets allow you to engrave the coordinates of a location special to you on the top of the thin cuff. A bangle with the coordinates of a girl’s home would make a great graduation gift that will give her a little piece of home while she’s away at school. These thin cuff bracelets come in all different metals and can be found at coordinatescollection.com or etsy.com.

For boys:
1. Game package: Game supplies make great gifts for boys to take off to college. A compilation of poker chips, a set of cards, dice, darts and a dartboard, and other game supplies are useful items for a guy going to college. To find all of this stuff in one place, check out amazon.com.

2.Personalized school colors laundry bag: Anything personalized is great for graduates and these laundry bags are no exception. They are perfect for organizing a guys clothes and make it easy to transport his clothes too the nearest washing machine. you can find these personalized laundry bags at gifts.com and amazon.com.