Everett’s FCCLA journey continues

November 4, 2015

It takes a special student to have the ambition to begin a club or organization all by themselves, but Jaime Everett was one of those students. She changed the course of FCCLA for her school forever.

Everett began her journey when she started FCCLA with her Family and Consumer Science teacher. She learned the FCCLA leader qualities by being a part of the club and teaching different Family and Consumer Science subjects.

“I love being a part of FCCLA here,” Everett said. “We have a lot of great students who can contribute a lot to the organization.”

She taught at Vandegrift and Cedar Park, where she supervised all of the meetings, service opportunities, STAR events and trips. Everett managed everything to do with FCCLA including finances, fundraisers and bookkeeping. At Vandegrift she had students that competed in STAR events, where they continued on to district, state and the national competition with a business plan for a cupcake store.

“We had a great business plan that was able to advance and win second place at the national competition,” Everett said. “It was good to see what they were able to come up with.”

Along with being the FCCLA coordinator for LISD, Everett gained a lot of professional development, which gave her a better understanding of the organization. She attended advisor training sessions for LISD, completed the Learning Academy Course, and participated in all of the District Professional Development workshops and conferences, which gave her the experience needed to work at Vandegrift.

“I am so excited to be back here,” Everett said. “It’s such a great place to be.”

Everett has also received different honors and awards including the 2011 Hill Country Educational foundation Leadership Grant for FCCLA and the FCSTAT Outstanding Rookie Teacher of the Year Award.

“I was honored to receive the honors I was given,” Everett said. “I can’t wait to see what will happen with FCCLA this year.”