82 °
    78 °
    74 °
    72 °
    71 °
    70 °
    69 °
    65 °
    63 °
    61 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    59 °
    60 °
    63 °
    66 °
    69 °
    72 °
    74 °
    75 °
    76 °
    75 °
    74 °
    73 °
91°/ 70°
75°/ 58°
69°/ 60°
Heavy rain

Fun Filled Fall Activities

Fall is officially here and it’s time to start enjoying the season. Although students are swamped with homework, there are still things they can do to get in the fall spirit.

-Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte:

As I’m sure many people already know, Starbucks recently released their famous seasonal drink: the pumpkin spice latte. Stop by Starbucks on the way to school for a quick and easy way to get in the fall mood. “Fall’s favorite drink” consists of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove allowing people to “taste the crisp scent of autumn in every sip” according to sophomore Maclane Regan.

– Bake fall food:

If a pumpkin spice latte isn’t enough to fill fall cravings, then try some at home cooking to get even more delicious seasonal foods. Pinterest offers many recipes that are short, simple, and perfect for fall.  Pumpkin is the most preferred fall ingredient.

– Support your team:

Here in Texas, the world continues to revolve around football throughout the fall season. Football games and tailgating allow you to get involved with school and help encourage football players. “It’s not really fall until football starts” Says sophomore Taylor Searels “I love being there to support my team” The Vipers next home game will be Oct. 26 against Cedar Park. Be sure to come support the team!

– Enjoy the weather:

Now that things are finally cooling down in Austin, it’s a good time to go outside and enjoy the weather. Many people like to do this by taking small walks with friends or going out for a morning jog. Others like to get involved by doing races such as the Susan B. Komen Race for the Cure, which will be hosted on Nov. 4 in the downtown area. The race will raise money for women with breast cancer and also provide a great way to get outside. Other races in Austin include the 5k Foam Fest on Oct. 20 and the Turkey Trot, which is Thanksgiving morning.

– Trunk or Treat:

This year Steiner Ranch is changing things up by hosting a “trunk or treat” at the Town Square Community Center. The event will take place Oct. 28 and will consist of candy, face painting and fun games for children.

– Fall Carnivals:

Every year a few of the elementary schools that feed into Vandegrift host their own fall festivals.  The festivals consist of many traditional games such as cake walks and bobbing for apples, along with hay rides and bouncy houses. Laura Welch Bush, River Ridge and River Place all have fell festivals scheduled for Oct. 19.  

These are just a few of the long list of things you can do in the fall which allow you to get that feeling of comfort while still experiencing the fall weather.

Fun Filled Fall Activities

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.