Senior plays in Blue Grey All-American Game

Submitted by Davis Beal

Senior Davis Beal plays in Blue Grey All-American game.

Peyton Klam, Staff Reporter

Senior long snapper Davis Beal played in the Blue Grey All-American Bowl Jan. 14 at NRG Stadium in Houston. The five-star recruit was able to show off his skills in one of the top games in the country for high school athletes.

“I really enjoyed the experience of playing in an NFL stadium,” Beal said. “It was amazing to play at NRG and to meet kids from all over the country that were really talented.”

To play in the game athletes had to first attend a Blue Grey combine. Beal, as well as the other special team players, were selected by the Kohl’s Organization who host kicking and punting camps around the country.

“It is a once in a lifetime experience,” Special Teams coach Nate Griffin said. “To be All-American means you are the best of the best and who doesn’t want to be the best. It’s an honor and a privilege to have been able to coach Davis, he’s an elite guy who specializes in what he does.”

The Blue Grey game consists of two teams. Team Lone Star, the team Beal played on, is made up of seniors from across the state. Team 49 is made up of seniors from all the other states in the country. Team Lone Star won 29-10

“I played really well,” Beal said. “It was a big honor for me to play for in this game, I was the only player selected to play for my position.”

Beal was one of 60 athletes invited to play in the Blue Grey game.

“He worked for it all,” Griffin said. “It wasn’t like he was just handed a five-star rating or all the accolades. He was out there in the summertime when we had special teams leading the groups, he was a leader for us and he earned everything that he has gotten.”

Beal was a football captain this past season and was a factor in the team’s success this season. He was also chosen as the football teams Second to None winner by his teammates.

“He’s a perfectionist,” Griffin said. “If one thing is off he’s practicing more to fix it, that makes him so great because when it becomes game time he is locked in and he makes it happen.”

Beal currently has multiple offers and plans to play football next year in college.

“One of my top offers is Michigan,” Beal said. “I went to their specialist camp and won the camp competition. Afterwards the coaches talked to me and I received an offer.”

On Friday, Beal received an offer to play football at the University of Texas at Austin.

“It is an awesome opportunity to play for my hometown team that is on the rise,” Beal said. “I’m very excited.”