49 °
    49 °
    49 °
    52 °
    55 °
    59 °
    62 °
    66 °
    69 °
    71 °
    72 °
    73 °
    72 °
    71 °
    67 °
    65 °
    63 °
    62 °
    60 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
March 28
73°/ 49°
Sunny
March 29
74°/ 55°
Partly Cloudy
March 30
80°/ 58°
Partly Cloudy

Softball Fights for a Win

After two seasons of a varsity team without seniors, this year the Lady Vipers put up a fight with all classes represented.  Although the varsity softball team put up a 0-10 record, with various injuries during the season, the team showed the district with many close games that they knew just what they were doing.

“Throughout the entire season, we as a team have had to pull together and deal with many obstacles and being flexible in playing different positions around the field to accommodate for those lost,” senior, Addie Oun said.

The girls have been practicing daily since late January with the goal to win. Rain or shine the team prepared early for a successful season.

“At the beginning of the season when the weather was brutally bitter and wet, we would practice Monday to Saturday every week,” senior Addie Oun said. “During one tournament we finally realized how all that hard work during those miserable practices helped us because we run-ruled a team during a downpour that flooded the field.”

The girls proved competitors wrong almost everywhere they played. Games against Pleasanton and Alice confirmed improvement from the previous season. Close defeats against the number one seeds Marble Falls and Lake Travis verified the skill that the girls possess.

“We did not win but it showed how much heart, determination and skill we possess as a team,” Coach Huber said. “It was nice to scare the team who is in first place in our district and it set a tone for other teams to not underestimate us.”

With the season coming to a close, the Lady Vipers look forward to next year, and the success it may bring.

“The highlight of the season is getting to play a sport we all love with the people we love,” senior Madison Tierney said.