Tedx Youth registration to close

Emma-Rose Floyd, News Editor

Tedx Youth, an event hosted by Tedx that allows young adults to think deeper about the world around them, is coming back to Austin for a day. The event is open to all high school students that sign up, but registration closes on Thursday.

“I am excited to see how the event works,” senior Zoe Dowley said. “I am really looking forward to seeing which special guests will be there.”

Before the event is held at Westlake High School on Feb. 13, the convention’s ambassadors, high school students that are expected to recruit people from their respective schools, must fill spots for the event. Senior Hannah Olsen intends to get her classmates to come.

“I really want people to experience this,” Olsen said. “I want to expand the TED environment of ‘ideas worth spreading.”

The event’s theme for this year is “Full Circle”, and focuses on how to connect ideas across time, geography, generation and discipline. Tedx is a global community dedicated to spreading information and ideas from around the world. Their website backs that goal, through videos of talks at their events.

“It’s an amazing experience,” Olsen said. “It’s nice for kids get an opportunity to interact with each other without the element of competition.”