Viper Students’ Summer Plans

Wilson Chestney, Staff Writer

With the end of the school year quickly approaching, many students are starting to work out their plans for the summer. Some students are preparing themselves for a new, bigger school, like incoming freshmen and outgoing seniors, while others are simply getting ready for another year at the same school.

“This summer I’m going to a camp that prepares me for Viperbots next year, along with going to the beach like everyone else. I’m also taking CommApps over the summer so that I have more room for other classes during the school year,” said sophomore Savannah Schmidt. Savannah is also planning on doing a track and field camp for pole vault to keep her skills fresh.

“I’m spending a lot of time with my family this summer because I’ll be going to college in August and won’t see them for a while. I’m planning to spend most of the summer getting ready for college and making the most of my last months in Austin,” said Isabella Chestney, a senior going to University of Maryland. She is in the College Park Scholars program and intends to study neuroscience.

“I’m doing the school strength and conditioning camp, and I’m mostly just trying to get ready for football. I’m also going to the beach with my family and probably going to Port Aransas with some of my friends,” sophomore Sam Brod said. Sam was a starting left end on the football team in 2014 as a sophomore, so it’s important for him to be ready for the season in the fall.

Summer isn’t all about getting ready for the next year though. It’s a much needed break from the various stresses and complications that accompany school, and a time to relax and get your mind off of learning for a little while and to just enjoy yourself.