Austin events: March 2014

Sessen Stephanos, Lifestyles and Entertainment Editor

1.) Star of Texas Fair and Rodeo: 3/1/14-3/16/14 at the Travis County Exposition Center

2.) Zilker Park Kite Festival: 3/9/14 at Zilker Park

The nation’s oldest kite festival features hundreds of kites in the air and is free to attend for people of all ages; complete with kite flying contests, food, games and more.

3.) SXSW. Music,Film and Interactive Conference and Festivals: Austin Convention Center and Various Locations.

Over 300,000 attendees, filmmakers, musicians and multimedia artists from around the world converge to showcase music, film and interactive media during this internationally-recognized event.

4.) St. Patricks Day Festival: 3/17/14 Various Locations

For over ten years the Celtic Cultural Center of Texas has organized the best Austin St. Paddy’s Day celebration in central Texas. A family-friendly St. Patrick’s Day where families can come out and enjoy the culture of Ireland including music, dance and language.

5.) Clyde Littlefield Texas Relays: 3/28/14 – 3/29/14  Mike A. Myers Stadium UT

The premier track & field event brings together the best high school, college and professional athletes from Texas, the U.S. and the world. The weekend wraps up with the Urban Music Festival on Saturday, which features soul, R&B and hip hop artists.

6.) Austin Urban Music Festival: 3/28/14 – 3/29/14  Various Locations

7.) Zilker Garden Festival: 3/29/14- 3/30/14 Zilker Park Garden

For over 50 years, the annual Zilker Garden Festival has been a one-stop, garden shopping destination when spring arrives in Austin and Central Texas. A family-friendly event, the garden festival offers something for everyone, including the annual flower show, live music, gardening talks, a kid’s corner and food court.