• No School April 19, 22

• Valor Day April 18

• Follow us on Twitter, Instagram @vhsstudentmedia

‘My Perfect Romance’ Movie Review

Back to Article
Back to Article

‘My Perfect Romance’ Movie Review

PARIS, FRANCE - FEBRUARY 13: A red heart  and red roses are displayed in the window of a restaurant on the eve of the Valentine's Day on February 13, 2019 in Paris, France. Valentine's Day is a celebration of love and romance for many people across the world. (Photo by Chesnot/Getty Images)

PARIS, FRANCE - FEBRUARY 13: A red heart and red roses are displayed in the window of a restaurant on the eve of the Valentine's Day on February 13, 2019 in Paris, France. Valentine's Day is a celebration of love and romance for many people across the world. (Photo by Chesnot/Getty Images)

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

Cady Grace Wynn, Staff Reporter

“My Perfect Romance” Is a romantic comedy starring Christopher Russell (Wes Robinson) and Kimberly-Sue Murray (Vivian Blair). It is set in modern times and takes place in a big city, specifically a big office building.

Wes Robinson, the CEO of his family’s company, is trying to find the best new product to impress his mother- a business woman herself who has little faith in her sons success. Vivian pitches her idea of a dating algorithm that’s more than just looking at a person’s appearance and setting a match. As the two fight over the release and other small details, they also try to find their own perfect matches.

Although the title was enticing, the movie was overall dull. The dialogue was unnatural throughout the movie and the plot was weak and seemed rushed. The side characters were underdeveloped, cheesy, and felt forced. The acting of all characters felt fake and made me want to turn off the movie 10 minutes in.

The movie also was over dramatic and cliche. There was no chemistry between the two main characters and their romance seems strained. This movie was not worth the watch, and I highly do not recommend it to anyone who’s looking for a good movie, hearty movie.

About the Writer
Cady Grace Wynn, Staff Reporter

Cady Grace Wynn is a junior and this is her first year on staff. She is a member of the varsity cheer squad, PALS and is involved in C2 and FCCLA. She...