64 °
    67 °
    70 °
    72 °
    73 °
    74 °
    73 °
    71 °
    68 °
    65 °
    63 °
    62 °
    61 °
    59 °
    58 °
    57 °
    57 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    56 °
    57 °
    60 °
    63 °
    66 °
March 28
74°/ 49°
Sunny
March 29
73°/ 55°
Sunny
March 30
81°/ 59°
Overcast

The Script Live: Exhilarating and Exciting

The Script, a hot and rising alternative rock band that originated in Dublin, Ireland, played an electrifying, sold out show at Stubb’s Bar-B-Que on Friday, September 30th. As I stood in the VIP section, I could see all the neon, vivid lights that shined upon the crowd from 6 pm to midnight.   

To get ready for the opening act, Hot Chelle Rae, a pop teenage sensation, performed a cover of Katy Perry’s radio single, “Teenage Dream,” and concluded with their number one hit, “Tonight Tonight.”

After Hot Chelle Rae left the stage, the fans automatically begged for more as The Script started off with “You Won’t Feel a Thing” from their second album, “Science and Faith.” The show continued as they went on to play hits from both albums including their first self-titled debut, released in 2008, which produced the hit single “Breakeven.”

Through both albums, lead singer and songwriter Danny O’ Donoghue delivers melodic songs with deep meanings. Joined with O’ Donoghue are Mark Sheehan, lead guitarist, and drummer, Glen Power, who form a band worth seeing again. Not only do their songs hold lyrical meanings about heartbreak, but also about the struggles through the recent deaths of O’ Donoghue’s father and Sheehan’s mother.

When The Script performed “The End Where I Begin” in concert, a song inspired by both deaths, O’ Donoghue and Sheehan knew it held true meaning as fans sang along and related to the death of a loved one. They also know that many fans can relate to their popular hit, “Nothing,” a song about a drunken and broken hearted phone call to a lost love.

Along with myself, many age groups enjoy The Script for several different reasons. Most of those that attended the show were young women that sang along with O’ Donoghue for an hour and a half straight, listening to every high note he hit and dancing along with every move he made. He was a heartthrob all night while the girls went the most ballistic as he grabbed a fan’s phone and took a snapshot of himself as he sang “The Man Who Can’t Be Moved.”

“Danny was really attractive and his accent made me want to die,” Laurel Glover, sophomore, said.

Every part of the night was unforgettable. By the end of the show I had a throbbing headache and no voice, but I wouldn’t have taken it back. Because I own both albums and listening to their music on a daily basis, I didn’t think it was possible to like them any more than I did, but seeing them perform in concert, I fell in love with every aspect of The Script; the lyrics, the livelihood and the reality.